Categories

6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031

Archive

Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe

It’s taken me awhile to warm up to kohlrabi. I’ve cooked it a few times in the past year, always because it’s been part of the farm share. If there is such a thing as a mental “image” of what something tastes like, I still don’t really have one for kohlrabi, but I now have a favorite way to prepare it.

Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad

• 2 medium kohlrabi, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 5-6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch sections
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne
  • 2 T fresh lemon juice
  • 2 T minced parsley
  • salt & pepper to taste

Place the carrots and kohlrabi in a saucepan w/ enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and then let them cook for ~10 minutes. You’re looking for not crunchy but still firm here.

Drain the veggies really well. Toss with the olive oil to coat. Then add the spices, the lemon juice and the parsley, in that order, tossing each time. The original recipe said to let stand for an hour, but we were too hungry. I also halved the spice measurements when I did it; our carrots are fresh from the garden and too tasty to drown them in other flavors.

Comments

Comment from http://www.coloradobiggame.com/
Time: April 19, 2013, 3:59 am

I actually want to take note of this particular blog post,
“f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe” on my very own page.
Would you mind in case I actuallydo? Thx ,Lavonda

Comment from Www.criterium-Hicks.com
Time: April 19, 2013, 9:22 pm

“f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston
Globe” was a extremely awesome post, . Keep composing and I’m going to continue to keep reading through! Thanks -Logan

Comment from macohct.com
Time: April 19, 2013, 10:43 pm

I have a tendency to go along with every aspect that ended
up being authored in “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad
| Boston Globe”. Thank you for pretty much all the actual
tips.Regards,Jeannie

Comment from officialsayyesweddingdresses.Weebly.com
Time: April 21, 2013, 9:37 pm

Precisely how long did it take u to publish “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe”?
It comes with an awful lot of great details. With thanks -Janice

Comment from tumblr.com
Time: April 22, 2013, 11:23 pm

I personally believe this amazing article , “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe”, pretty interesting and the post ended up being a terrific read.
Thanks a lot,Doug

Comment from Primeawnings.blinkweb.com
Time: April 23, 2013, 1:32 am

Exactly what honestly stimulated u to compose “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe”?

I actuallyabsolutely enjoyed it! Thank you -Georgina

Comment from primeonlinesolutions.Blogbaker.com
Time: April 23, 2013, 1:43 am

This really is the second blog, of your website I actually went through.
Although I actually enjoy this 1, “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad
| Boston Globe” the most. Cya ,Janie

Comment from Primeonlinesolutions.blogspot.com
Time: April 23, 2013, 4:19 am

I really consider this specific article , “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe”, especially compelling
and it was in fact a very good read. Many thanks,Carol

Comment from http://primeawnings.webs.com
Time: April 23, 2013, 4:56 am

Seems like u really understand very much related to this particular issue and this shows
with this excellent article, termed “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad |
Boston Globe”. Thank you -Jonas

Comment from primesolarwindowshades.webs.com
Time: April 23, 2013, 6:03 am

“f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe” was indeed a terrific post and thus I
personally was indeed truly glad to discover the article.
Thanks for your effort-Kenneth

Comment from http://primeonlinesolutions.weebly.com
Time: April 23, 2013, 7:21 am

Where did u obtain the points to compose ““f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston
Globe”? Thank you -Milan

Comment from Nigel
Time: May 30, 2013, 9:45 pm

“f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe” was
indeed genuinely compelling and informative! Within todays society that’s very hard
to achieve. Many thanks, Otilia

Comment from Kerrie
Time: May 30, 2013, 11:41 pm

This is exactly the fourth post, of yours I really checked out.
However , I actually love this specific 1, “f00die
Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe” the best.
Regards -Damon

Comment from Dominic
Time: June 4, 2013, 6:52 pm

“f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston
Globe” was in fact a good post. If merely there were more web blogs similar to this amazing one in
the actual word wide web. Anyhow, many thanks for ur time, Violette

Comment from capped dual eyeliner make-up brush
Time: June 6, 2013, 10:39 pm

This unique posting, “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe” ended
up being excellent. I’m making out a backup to clearly show my colleagues.

Thanks for the post,Blanche

Comment from Lin
Time: August 3, 2013, 9:52 am

“f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe” was in
fact actually enjoyable and useful! In the present day world that’s
really hard to achieve. I am grateful, Leanne

Comment from Johanna
Time: August 17, 2013, 2:24 am

Exactly what honestly motivated you to create “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad | Boston Globe”?
Icertainly liked it! Thanks for your time -Andres

Comment from Linda
Time: August 17, 2013, 8:02 pm

Thanks for your effort for composing “f00die Moroccan Carrot/Kohlrabi Salad
| Boston Globe”. I actuallywill absolutely wind up being returning for even more browsing and commenting soon enough.
I am grateful, Nina